Published on 07 May 2019
• 250 g spinach
• 250 g fenugreek (methi) leaves, finely chopped
• 250 g paneer
• 3 tbsp oil
• A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
• 1/2 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds
• 1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
• 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
• 1 tomato, finely chopped
• 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
• 1 green chilli, finely chopped
• Salt to taste
• 1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
• Cut the paneer into 1 inch square chunks.
• Add 2 tablespoons of oil to a pan and heat it. When it is sufficiently hot, place the paneer chunks into it and shallow fry them until they turn slightly brown on both sides. Transfer them to a plate.
• Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the same pan. When it is sufficiently hot, add the cumin seeds. Cook them and then add the green chillies, turmeric powder, coriander powder, and tomato. Cook until the tomato releases its moisture.
• Add the fenugreek leaves, spinach, salt, red chilli powder and sugar. Mix everything well. Cover it and cook it on a medium flame for 5 minutes and then check on it.
• Once it is almost cooked, add the paneer chunks and mix them in gently. Cover it again and cook it for 2 to 3 minutes on a low flame.
• Serve it hot.
Recipes paneer recepie