Published on 07 May 2019
• 225 g paneer, crumbled or finely chopped
• 3/4 cup cabbage, chopped
• 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
• 5 green chillies, chopped
• Salt to taste
• 2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
• 2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
• 1/2 tsp salt
• Ghee as required to cook the parathas
• Mix together the paneer, cabbage, coriander, green chillies and some salt.
• Sieve the flour with the salt. Add 2 tbsp ghee and some water to the flour. Knead it into a dough and divide the dough into 10-12 portions.
• Take a small portion of the dough, flatten it a little and put 1 tbsp of the paneer mixture in the middle. Cover the mixture by drawing up the edges of the dough towards the centre.
• Press it onto a floured board and roll it out into a circle as large as a saucer.
• Put the paratha on a hot skillet (tava), cook it for 1 to 2 minutes and turn it over once.
• After 1 minute, add a little ghee around the edges, turn it again and fry the other side. When brown patches appear on both sides, the paratha is ready.
• Repeat with the rest of the dough.
• Serve hot.
Recipes paneer dishes