Published on 07 May 2019
• 1 cup onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 tsp cumin (jeera) seeds
• 3/4 tsp ginger, grated or crushed
• 1 tbsp oil
• 3/4 cup tomato, chopped
• 1/4 cup capsicum, chopped
• 2 cups paneer, cubed
• 3/4 tsp garam masala powder
• 1/4 tsp dried fenugreek (kasuri methi)
• Salt as needed
• 5-6 cashews (optional)
• Heat a pan with oil, add the cumin and allow it to splutter. Add the grated ginger and cook it till it releases its aroma.
• Add the onions, sprinkle salt over them and fry them evenly until they turn golden.
• While the onions fry, puree the tomatoes. If you’re using cashews, puree them with the tomatoes. When the onions turn golden, add the tomato puree and mix well. Cook the mixture until the tomato puree thickens and the raw smell disappears.
• Add the capsicum, red chilli powder and garam masala. Mix well and cook for about 2 minutes.
• Add the paneer and dried fenugreek. Stir well.
• Add a little water to adjust the consistency to your taste.
• Allow it to cook for a few minutes so that the gravy thickens. Do not overcook. Transfer the paneer masala to a serving bowl so that it doesn’t turn rubbery.
• Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve it hot with rice or roti.
Recipes paneer tawa masala